Saturday, November 12, 2016
REGISTRATION FOR THE CONFERENCE, 3-5 MARCH 2015
REGISTRATION FOR THE CONFERENCE, 3-5 MARCH 2015
The 16th MELOW International Conference on “Facts, Distortions and Erasures: Literature as History; History in Literature” will be held at Hotel Parkview, Sector 24, Chandigarh, from March 3 to 5, 2017.
Acceptance letters have been sent to all delegates whose abstracts are accepted.
If you wish to participate, please send your delegate fee latest by 30 November 2016. Accommodation cannot be guaranteed for participants who do not send the delegate fee by 30th November. In that case, they may attend as local delegates.
Presentation time (for all paper presenters) will be 15-20 minutes.
We are not in a position to help our delegates with travel expenses. Therefore, we urge you to seek travel funding from other sources. Membership is mandatory for all paper presenters (see details of membership fee given below).
Local Delegates (i.e. those who do not need accommodation) would need to pay a Delegate fee of Rs. 2,000. This would entitle them to the Conference Kit, Lunches and refreshments during the Conference.
Outstation delegates who need accommodation need to pay a Delegate Fee of Rs. 5,000, which would entitle them to breakfast and accommodation on a shared basis for the duration of the conference (3 nights, i.e., from March 2 evening to March 5, 12 noon), in addition to what the local delegates are entitled to. (If you need to come early or stay on for another night there will be an extra charge of Rs. 1,200 per night and you need to inform in advance.)
Accommodation details will be posted on the Blog, Facebook and Google Group in December 2016.
Delegates from abroad need to pay USD 150 as delegate fee. There is no membership fee for them. They will make their own accommodation arrangements.(Ask if you need suggestions.)
Mode of Payment: (i) The Delegate fee (as well as Membership Fee where required) may be paid directly via bank-to-bank transfer, or (ii) personally in cash to Anil Raina of Panjab University, Chandigarh. (Please mention clearly your name and the account from which the transaction is made.)
MELOW bank details are: Savings Bank A/c No. 2845101001459 with Canara Bank. The IFSC code of Canara Bank, PU, Chandigarh, is CNRB0002845. After transferring the money, send the details of transfer to Anil Raina (President, MELOW), on email id email@example.com with a copy firstname.lastname@example.org. The SWIFT Code of the Bank is CNRB INBB FFC (this may be required by foreign delegates).
We look forward to your participation in the Conference which, however, will be treated as confirmed only on receipt of your delegate fee. Meanwhile, do keep track of updates via the google group, Facebook page, and also on our blog http://melusmelow.blogspot.in/
If paper presenters need to make a power-point presentation you may inform at email@example.com(with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org) so that necessary arrangements can be made.
With warm regards
All Members / Delegates for the March 2017 Conference may please note:
1. 10-Year Membership is available. Those interested may send Rs. 4,000. Make a direct bank-to-bank transfer. MELOW account is with Canara Bank in Sector 14, Chandigarh: SB AC No 2845101001459; IFSC code: CNRB0002845.
2. Those who send their ten-year membership fee before 31st March 2017 will be enrolled members till 31st March 2026.
3. We suggest that all participants who cannot pay the fees in person should use the Direct Bank-to-Bank Transfer mode. However they should email the details of the transfer to Prof. Anil Raina.
4. One year Membership (up to 31.03.2017) is available for Rs. 500.
6. You may apply for membership via email. Do mention your contact and professional details in the email and also the details of fee payment. These details are to be sent to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Membership + Delegate fee is a must for paper presenters in any MELOW Conference including those presenting papers in March 2017 Conference. However, non-members may attend the Conference as observers and participate in all related activities by paying the requisite Delegate Fee.
8. Delegate Fee, Outstation as well as Local, is non-refundable.
9. Late fee of Rs. 500/- will be charged on delegate fee paid after 30th Nov. 2016. For foreign delegates, the late fee will be US $ 50. There will be no late fee for people who are attending as observers, and not presenting papers. Accommodation, however is limited, so do not miss the deadline.
If you have any further queries, or need any assistance, please email@example.com
1. The venue of the Conference will be Hotel Parkview, Sector 24, Chandigarh.
2. Accommodation arrangements will be intimated by December.
3. Membership for 10 years is Rs. 4,000. For 1 year (till 31 March 2017), it is Rs. 500.
4. Delegate Fee for 3 nights’ (2nd evening – 5th noon) stay is Rs. 5,000. For four nights’ stay it is Rs. 6,200.
5. Delegates from abroad will make their own accommodation arrangements.